This weeks story was really disturbing to me and left me completely unkown as to what i was going to take photos of. I didnt really like the story but it got me thinking about self esteem.
I read a book called A million little pieces by James Frey. The way he describes his drug addiction and remission is incredible and there is a particular part in the book where he discuses not being able to look at himself in the eye in the mirror. My pictures represent a person looking in the mirror who cannot seem to face looking into their own eyes. The conclusive image has the person looking into her eyes but with a very disapproving look and you can feel alot of hurt throguh the image.
I like the way my images have come across but not necessarily in context with the story itself, it is more of my own thinking that it relates to.

No comments:
Post a Comment